CROSSING THE RIVER
During the Turkish stampede in Thrace, a small detachment found itself confronted by a wide and deep river. However, they discovered a boat in which two children were rowing about. It was so small that it would only carry the two children, or one grown person.How did the officer get himself and his 357 soldiers across the river and leave the two children finally in joint possession of their boat? And how many times need the boat pass from shore to shore?
A MAN AND HIS DOG
"Yes, when I take my dog for a walk," said a mathematical friend, "he frequently supplies me with some interesting puzzle to solve. One day, for example, he waited, as I left the door, to see which way I should go, and when I started he raced along to the end of the road, immediately returning to me; again racing to the end of the road and again returning. He did this four times in all, at a uniform speed, and then ran at my side the remaining distance, which according to my paces measured 27 yards. I afterwards measured the distance from my door to the end of the road and found it to be 625 feet. Now, if I walk 4 miles per hour, what is the speed of my dog when racing to and fro?"
I DO SO LOVE THE HOLIDAYS
You will know that I am coming From the jingle of my bell,But exactly who I am is not an easy thing to tell.Children, they adore me for they find me jolly,but I do not see them when the halls are decked with holly.My job often leaves me frozen,I am a man that all should know,But I do not do business in times of sleet or ice or snow.I travel much on business,But no reindeer haul me around,I do all my traveling firmly on the ground.I love the time of Christmas,But that's not my vocational season,And I assure that is because of a sound economic reason.
QUICK YET DEADLY
I can be quick and then I'm deadly, I am a rock, shell and bone medley. If I was made into a man, I'd make people dream, I gather in my millions by ocean, sea and stream.
Try to answer them all. And tell me what they are.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
HERE ARE SOME RIDDLES FOR YOU PEOPLE
Posted by
Teragram
at
2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello
Hello. Please comment on my blog, I would really like it if you did. Thank you for visiting my blog. It is a pleasure to now that at least some people go through the trouble of visiting my blog. Bye.
My Cranky Dog



No comments:
Post a Comment